- MongoDB data modeling basics;
- Key considerations with data modeling for MongoDB;
- Key properties of MongoDB data model types (embedded, referenced, hybrid);
- Data design optimization patterns for these model types.
This guide is a work in progress and it will be regularly updated especially with new optimization patterns.
Its content is very much based on the following sources:
- Daprota M2 documentation
- MongoDB documentation (data modeling)
- MongoDB Applied Design Patterns
- MongoDB The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition)
- MongoDB in Action
- Data Modeling for MongoDB
- 6 Rules of Thumb for MongoDB Schema Design
- Selecting a MongoDB Shard Key
All model samples in the guide are created by the Daprota M2 service and they can be accessed via provided links.